Here is a list of different restaurants in terms of range and places. Amonsgt the venetian dishes give a try to Baccala, pasta alla Vongole & shrimp saour, capelunghe (depending on the season) :
- Il Paradiso Perduto roots-vintage-canteen, always animated spot. Amazing for aperitivo, lunch, dinner, or party (there is a piano on stage and the owner like to party).
- Hotel Monaco Gran Canal (in San Marco) has a beautiful (expensive) restaurant, in summer prefer a table outside on the terrace over the grand canal.
- La Calcina. (on Zattere/Dorsoduro). Wonderful Terrace, perfect for sunny lunch or any sunny day.
- Antiche carampane (#1 for fish)(in San Polo). Away from tourists secret spot being the Rialto.
- Alle Testiere (incredible small restaurant near Campo Santa Maria Formosa / need a reservation).
- A Beccafico, wonderful sicilian restaurant in the middle of Campo San Stefano. Amazing food, funny waiters. Terrace during the summer.
- La Mascareta, amazing restaurant held by italian figure Maura Lorenzon. Just above Campo santa Maria Formosa. Expect good wine tasting.
- Il Refolo (Santa Croce 1459 // Campo San Giacomo de l'orio +390415240016). Amazing terrace during the summer.
- Al Giardinetto, (Castello) (very nice inner garden, a classic a people "who know").
- Basara sushi, (San Marco) best Milanese sushi in town. A few meters away from San Marco square.
- Vecia Cavana, (Cannaregio). Between Ca d'Oro and Fondamenta Nuove (Campo dei Apostoli), this big restaurant serve a delicate cuisine.
- Palazzina G, (San Marco) in a beautiful hype hotel decorated by Philippe Starck. (perfect in winter)
- Trattoria Ai Cacciatori, (Giudecca). Simple to find, little terrace for summer lunch or diner. Best food so far in Giudecca island.
- Al Remer (Rialto)(major interest is the spot for the view, just in front of Rialto on a charming little campo)
- Harry's bar (in San Marco) a gold for winter. (try lemon pie)
- Ancorra (Rialto mercato) (Aperitivo & restaurant). perfect to start an aperitivo & eat in the terrace outside during summer.
- Trattoria Al Diporto (santa Elena), this is a typically venetian place best know for his 'frittura mister'.